Programmable Encoder 2.0
No Software, No App, No Installations
POSITAL is introducing powerful new programming capabilities and tools for their IXARC series of rotary encoders. With these new capabilities, the encoders’ performance characteristics can be extensively modified through software changes, without requiring any changes to physical components. In a related development, POSITAL is introducing the UBIFAST configuration tool, a hardware module that can be easily connected to programmable encoders through accessory cables. The UBIFAST tool features a built-in WiFi hotspot and webserver. Once the tool has been powered up, any WiFi-enabled smartphone, tablet, or laptop computer can connect to the WiFi hotspot and the configuration interface will automatically open up in a standard web browser window – no app, no software installation, and no Internet connection are required.
POSITAL also presents an Internet-enabled configuration management system for IXARC programmable encoders. Whenever a device is reconfigured, the operator has the option of registering the changes with POSITAL through an automatic email interface.
One Hardware − Thousands of Encoders
- Very Compact UBIFAST Configuration Box Creating Wifi Hotspot
- Incremental and absolute encoder functions on a common hardware platform
- Wide range of mechanical configurations and connector types – literally thousands of models are offered
- Compact 36 mm versions – small enough to fit in the palm of your hand
- Supported by comprehensive configuration management tools that can be accessed by end users over the full working life of the encoder
- Up to One Million Revolutions
- Parameters to Program: PPR, Resolution, Number of Turns, Direction