Get to the Pulse of Sensing with POSITAL Kit Encoders
POSITAL KIT encoders offer you smart, maintenance-free and cost-efficient solutions for the most challenging tasks in real time motion feedback.
Fusion of sensing technologies results in an unprecedented hollow shaft design with uninterruptable, battery-free multiturn function, powered by Wiegand pulse with every rotation.
Gear-free, compact and economically optimized concept is ideal for integration into servo, stepper motors and robotic arms of various mechanical configurations.
Enhanced signal processing software enables high-resolution rotary position measurement.
Explore the three kit-encoder series and their unique features.
Absolute Kit Encoders: On-Axis
- Battery and gear-free multiturn solid and hub shaft
- Singleturn Resolution up to 17 bit
- Compact Design: 22 mm or 36 mm in diameter
- Multiple Open Source Interfaces: BiSS-C, BiSS Line, 2 or 4 wires, SSI
- One Cable Technology for BiSS Line
- Temperature range: -40° to +105°C
Absolute Kit Encoders: Hollow Shaft
- Battery and gear-free multiturn hollow shaft
- Resolution up to 19 bit, accuracy ± 0,02
- Slim design: 18mm thickness
- Open Source Interfaces BiSS-C (SSI under development)
- No calibration required
- Suited for applications in robotic arms and motors
Incremental Kit Encoders
- Pulse count up to 1024
- A, B, Z channels, TTL or RS 422 outputs
- Quick and simple assembly
- Cost efficient feedback solution
- Can easily be upgraded to the absolute multiturn kit
- Direct replacement for the Avago HEDS/HEDM 5500-5600 Series
Multiturn SPI Module
- Reliable Wiegand multiturn technology
- Easy integration with Customer Singleturn system
- Standard communication Interface SPI
- Multi-turn count range up to 40 bit
POSITAL's kit encoders can provide a compact and economic solution for the elctrical motor and robotics industries. Their insensitivity to harsh working conditions and battery-less rotation counter make them ideal for a wide range of applications and uses that range from industrial robots to stepper and servo motors.
POSITAL‘s kit encoders offer a unique combination of accuracy, reliability and cost efficiency. Absolute measurement versions provide 17 bit electrical resolution and multiturn position measurements with a range of more than one million revolutions.
- Electrical Resolution: Up to 17 Bit, Multiturn: Up to 32 Bit
- Accuracy: 0.1°
- Compact Size: 36 mm diameter, 24.2 mm Height
- Operating Temperature: -40 to +105°C
- Auto Calibration − No Complex Equipment
- Extensive Diagnostic Coverage
- Various Programmable Parameters
POSITAL’s contact free measurement technology has no moving parts and is highly resistant to shock and vibration. POSITAL’s kit encoders are available with several non-proprietary electrical interfaces including BISS and SSI for absolute measurements. Additional protocols based on the RS485 interface can be implemented.
- Absolute Multiturn & Incremental Interface
- Electrical Interface: BiSS C, BiSS Line, SSI, RS485
- No Battery – No Maintenance
- No Ball Bearings & Compact Design
- Insensitive to Dust and Moisture
- High Shock and Vibration Resistance
Upgrade Your Existing Motion Control Application
Making your transition from incremental to absolute position sensing easy, POSITAL provides a full line of versions that are mechanical drop in replacement for common US Digital and Broadcom (Avago) incremental kit models.
- Same Footprints as E5 and HEDS-5500 Models
- Various Hub Diameters from 4 mm to 10 mm (and 1/4 to 3/8 inch)
- Identical Assembly Procedure - No Training Required
- Magnetic Technology Which Is Generally More Robust Than Optical
- Improved Connectivity via M12 Connector Additional Available
Broadcom (Avago) and US Digital Cross Reference Guide
Energy Harvesting – No Battery
The energy harvesting system is based on the Wiegand effect and eliminates the need for backup batteries or complex gear systems.
Plug and Play
A built-in self-calibration capability can compensate for small sensor-to-shaft alignment errors.